The NASA Office of STEM Engagement (OSTEM) in collaboration with the Office of Procurement (OP) and Office of Small Business Programs (OSBP) will host a virtual NASA HBCU/MSI Technology Infusion Road Tour. This collaboration provides an open platform for HBCU and MSI representatives to learn about OSTEM's Minority Serving Institutions Sustainability Initiative, Agency acquisition opportunities, product service lines and Vendor Database, STMD's Small Business Innovation Research/Small Business Technology Transfer (SBIR/STTR) opportunities, as well as research opportunities, grants, fellowships and contracts within each of the four Mission Directorates.
By participating in group sessions with various NASA program and technical personnel, in addition to large prime contractors, attendees will gain insight and strategies to pursue procurement and technical opportunities. Presenters will discuss lessons learned and their success stories. In addition, there will be virtual networking sessions with participating federal government representatives, NASA Center Technology Transition Leads and NASA prime contractors to introduce and build networking opportunities to follow up on information shared at this event.
Event highlights include:
- Finding opportunities within the NASA Mission Directorates.
- Overview of the Minority University Research & Education Project (MUREP) & MUREP Sustainability Initiative.
- Overview of the Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) and Small Business Technology Transfer (STTR) Programs.
- HBCU/MSI initiatives and opportunities with the Federal Government.
- NASA procurement overview.
- University capability presentations.
- Tips for Success: Building and maintaining relationships with prime contractors.
- Understanding the importance of your capability statement.